- Have you ever visited Hong Kong before?
- What kind of image do you have of Hong Kong?
- Do you know any famous activities, food, or history from Hong Kong?
- 00:18 In amongst the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong Island, you’re just captivated by the Hong Kong skyline.
- 00:36 It’s such an interesting juxtaposition to see all these houseboats surrounded by these massive skyscrapers.
- 00:42 Lantau Island really has so many different aspects for you to explore.
- 00:51 The cable car moves at about 5 meters per second, and the entire way you have these breath-taking views all around you.
- 02:02 This racetrack has such a unique setting because you have the green track in front of you with the skyscrapers as the backdrop.
- 02:25 Anybody who comes to Hong Kong and doesn’t check out the skyline at night is really missing out.
(simile vs. metaphor)
Wow, this tram is steep. I feel like I’m on a roller coaster.
- Riding a tram is like riding a roller coaster.
- Riding a tram is a roller coaster ride.
- Wow, this tram is steep. I feel like I’m on a roller coaster.
- Which activity stood out to you the most?
- Did you image of Hong Kong change after watching this video?
- When you travel abroad, do you try to speak the language of that country? What language do you usually use?
You will be a customer and trying to order something you’d like! Your teacher will be a waiter, staff, worker and so on to take your order🙂
Let’s try to make 2-3 minutes speech about something you like! Teachers will show the example first, so don’t worry:) After the student’s speech, let’s talk about the movie.
Speech Theme: Your favorite movie
00:16 Let’s go.
00:18 In amongst the hustle and bustle
00:21 you’re just captivated by the Hong Kong skyline.
00:36 It’s such an interesting juxtaposition
00:37 to see all these houseboats surrounded
00:39 by these massive skyscrapers.
00:45 for you to explore.
00:56 breath-taking views all around you.
01:10 I feel like I’m on a roller coaster.
01:15 to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
01:34 Repulse Bay got its name from the HMS battleship
01:46 when you’re walking along the cobblestone