- What comes to your mind when you think about Turkey? Do you think Turkey is part of Europe, the Middle East, or Asia?
- Even if you don’t practice religion, would you like to visit churches, temples or mosques?
- Would you like to try Turkish street food (gyros, etc.)? Have you eaten street food before? Do you prefer restaurant food or street food for casual eating?
- This city is huge and full of history.
- Istanbul is by far my favorite city now, and the sites are stunning.
- Tiled rooves, and domes,
- They are like nothing I have ever seen.
- There are tons of gorgeous views.
- It is breathtaking,
- I don’t think I’d feel worthy of eating on such a beautiful plate.
- It is awe inspiring.
- Definitely the most grandest of bazaars I’ve ever been to.
- What flavor of ice cream do you like the best? How about other sweets?
- When traveling, what are your favorite souvenirs and items to buy for your friends, family, or coworkers? What about shopping for yourself?
- After watching the video, has your opinion of Turkey changed? What are some new things you have learned about the country?
- She sells seashells by the seashore
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
- I saw Susie sitting in a shoeshine shop
- I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late
- Willie’s really weary
- Tom threw Tim three thumbtacks
- He threw three free throws
- Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely
- Wayne went to wales to watch walruses
- We surely shall see the sun shine soon
00:00 – Welcome to Istanbul.
00:09 – This city is huge and full of history.
00:11 – And it is the only city on earth
00:13 that belongs to two continents.
00:17 – Istanbul is by far my favorite city now, and the sites are stunning.
00:23 The mosques that we’re going into
00:25 have these tiled rooves, and domes,
00:27 and are like nothing I have ever seen.
00:32 – I am standing in front of the Topkapi Palace,
00:33 which was the largest palace for
00:36 sultans in the 15th century,
00:38 and inside there are tons of gorgeous views
00:40 of the Bosphorous Sea, and also the largest treasury.
00:43 We have a lot to look at inside.
00:47 This beautiful building I’m standing in
00:48 is the Imperial Court, this is where they had
00:50 all kinds of meetings and decided
00:52 all kinds of laws, things like that.
00:54 Everything is covered in gold leaf.
00:55 There are these dome ceilings, it’s just gorgeous.
01:02 The Hagia Sophia does not look that fancy
01:04 on the outside but once you get in it
01:06 it is breathtaking, and it’s famous for this
01:08 huge dome on top and for Byzantine architecture.
01:12 It’s just stunning.
01:17 – This is the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul.
01:19 It is the largest bazaar in the entire world.
01:22 There are approximately 4,000 shops here,
01:25 and there are shops selling everything,
01:27 but the one that catches my eye is the pottery shop,
01:29 so let’s go check this place out.
01:32 This place is cool, it’s actually a small shop,
01:34 but it’s packed full of pottery and plates and vases.
01:37 I don’t think I’d feel worthy of eating
01:38 dinner on such a beautiful plate.
01:43 One the great things about the Grand Bazaar,
01:44 is you come into a shop and they order you tea.
01:48 This store is so cool. It’s full of thousands
01:51 of pashmina shawls. They’re made out of silk,
01:53 and cotton and the beard from a goat.
01:56 They’re beautiful. Mom’s love them.
02:00 Wow Istanbul is amazing.
02:01 – We absolutely love this place.
02:04 I think my favorite part had to be seeing
02:05 the Blue Mosque and also (inaudible).
02:09 – My favorite part was definitely seeing
02:10 all of the beautiful sites.
02:12 Definitely the most grandest of bazaars I’ve ever been to,
02:14 it is so awesome.
02:16 – You will absolutely love this city.
3. They serve/