- Do you like Osaka’s food? What is your favorite?
- What do you think about the Osaka dialect? Which Japanese dialect is the most difficult for you to understand?
- Do you think people in Osaka are different from people in Kyoto? If so, how?
- 00:08 When visiting a place for the first time, a walking tour is a great way to get a lay of the land.
- 00:25 Osaka has its own unique dialect.
- 00:28 We’re gonna say “let’s go” in Osakan,
- 00:43 – The tour kicks off here in Osaka Central Station.
- 00:53 We’re about to hop on public transportation.
- 00:55 We’re gonna ride the subway around the city, and our guide is here to help us navigate.
- 01:09 So this street is full of little shops selling things, you have restaurants, places to play games, and it’s really beautiful to walk through as well.
- 01:20 The people of Osaka have a reputation of being quite different from people in other parts of Japan.
- 01:25 They’re very light-hearted, funny.
- 01:44 A local delicacy here in Osaka is delicacy is deep-fried skewers.
- 02:00 Known sort of as the Times Square of Osaka, Dotonbori is so alive!
- 02:11 This has been such a wonderful way to explore Osaka, Japan. This city is live, it’s fun, it’s full of culture, and I’m excited to continue to explore!
- Have you ever tried a walking tour before? Where did you go? If not, where would you like to tour?
- What are some of your recommendations for people who want to visit Osaka?
- In your opinion, what makes Osaka such a good travel destination?
Talk about an interesting movie or TV show you have watched in one minute! Explain why you thought it was interesting.
00:08 – When visiting a place for the first time,
00:16 to taste some of its local delicacies
00:40 places in Osaka in three hours.
00:53 We’re about to hop on public transportation.
01:04 – So easy!
01:12 selling things, you have restaurants,
01:13 places to play games,
01:20 The people of Osaka have a reputation of being
01:25 They’re very light-hearted, funny.
01:38 on a bus!
01:39 Here we go!
01:41 – Push down.
01:53 That is so good!
02:00 Known sort of as the Times Square
02:03 of Osaka, Dotonbori is so alive!
02:08 It’s so exciting!
2. shops, restaurants, places to play games